************************************Denial covers the pain of the past * A blanket over the world * Lift a corner * Don't be afraid * Your life awaits you*************************************

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Greatest Good

While envisioning a positive outcome may seem right, defining any outcome as positive is not really my job. Only God knows what outcome leads to the greater good.

Instead of this kind of metaphysical belief, I've considered the idea of praying only for “God’s will," but that seems to imply that God is somehow going to be swayed by my humble wishes –as if God would not move forward unless I ask it.

So, what connection can I seek?

I can ask, “What do I most need to know, in this moment?”
I can say, “Guide my actions so that I may move forward in the best possible way.”

Then, I can be open to that guidance, without any knowledge of the grand plan. I can be thankful, accepting whatever comes, safe in the knowledge that everything is always in the interest of the greatest good.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Thank you for sharing. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shen! I have been caught up in the busy-ness of day to day life, as well as having been away on and off over the last few weeks, and then also off line due to a problem with our Internet provider, so I have fallen behind with my blog visits. I like this approach of yours very much and will try to put it into practise myself. Hope you and your family are well and that life is treating you kindly.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment.

Co Creation

Co Creation
We create the life we live

Love your inner child...

...for she holds the key...

...to your personal power.
A lesson is woven into each day.
Together they make up the tapestries of our lives.
~Shen