************************************Denial covers the pain of the past * A blanket over the world * Lift a corner * Don't be afraid * Your life awaits you*************************************

Friday, May 8, 2009

Considering Other Options

A couple of years ago, my first therapist loaned me a CD he thought might help me “see the big picture,” as he put it. It was a CD called “Open Focus.” created by Dr. Les Fehmi.

You can find out more about Open Focus at their website:
www.openfocus.com

He suggested the CD because I was in a deep depression. Just making it through another day was rough.

I decided to give the CD a try, but I didn’t have much hope that it would help.
I sat quietly, meditating on what the speaker was saying.
The speaker carried me through a journey from deep inside myself out into the universe.
I became overwhelmed by the effect it was having on me.

I felt so excited as I listened that I was not able to stay in a meditative state all the way through. Still, it was a great experience. I wrote to that first therapist to thank him. In that email I said, "What a different way to look at the world. I feel almost high, and really connected in a different way."

In my journal that night, I wrote:
Today I crawled out of everything and into infinity.
I became enormous and filled up all the space in the universe.
I felt all things, those that are living and those that are inanimate, at once.
It was the beginning of a journey towards connecting with myself and the power of the Universe.

Thank you, Dr. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment.

Co Creation

Co Creation
We create the life we live

Love your inner child...

...for she holds the key...

...to your personal power.
A lesson is woven into each day.
Together they make up the tapestries of our lives.
~Shen